More recently quality food products that are pleasantly packaged have started popping up all over the place. Here are my favourite products...I have tried them all but these are by far the best. See which products made my list...
I shop at Carrefour, Macrocenter and Migros as they are the stores which happen to be close by. I have also shopped at Tansas, Sariyer Market, Real, Ozdilek and Kipa in the past. I buy my "fancy" foods from Gourmet Garage or Eataly and have discovered a whole slew of online gourmet shops which deliver right to your door. I try when I can to buy all of my fruits and vegetables from the fresh "farmers" market and like fresh bakery baked bread. Ortakoy has the most amazing little bakeries by the way...
So here is my shopping list below (in no particular order)...of course it is not a complete list but these products end up in my cart 8/10 times so I have included them in this TOP Products list. Also...these are all Turkish brands!!!!
What are some of your favourites?
- All Efsina Salts and Spices
- Taris Organic and Taris First Harvest Olive Oil...for salads and bread dipping
- Koska Organic Jams and Jellies (No Sugar Added)
- All NarGourmet Olive Oils (especially the flavoured ones)...for entertaining and special salads
- Komili "Cold Flavours" and "Hot Flavours" Oils for cooking
- City Farm Organic Rice, Tomato Puree and Sesame Seeds
- Noba Easy Cook Brown Rice and Bulgur Rice
- All Peyman Bahçeden Nuts and Dried Fruits Products
- All Orvital Products...especially the organic beef hotdogs
- Pinar Organic Milk and Organic Yogurt
- Eker Ayran Drink
- Elta Ada Organic Butter
- Sutas HupTrik Fruit Yogurt (best served frozen as yogurt popsicle)
- Dogruluk Truva Ezine - Goat Feta Cheese
- Kasikla Manti- Meat Ravioli
- Palivor Ciftligi Kasar Cheese and Cow's Milk Feta Cheese
- Uludag Mineral Water/Soda, Light Soda (Gazoz...tastes better than Sprite), Lemonade
- Dogadan Green Tea Mint Lemon Iced Tea
- Sirma Water and Mineral Water (especially for the packaging)
- Sohitto Sugar Free Lime and Mint soda (great with Hendricks Gin)
- Erikli Water (especially the child-friendly small bottles)
- Sevilen ISA Bey Sauvignon Blanc
- Selendi Gulpembe Rose
- Sevilen Majestik Red
- Kavaklıdere Egeo White and Red
- Balparmak Squeezable Honey
- Eti Karam Bitter Chocolates
- Dogus Karadeniz-Black Sea Region Tea