Everybody has their own way of enjoying the outdoors. Some can spend 200 dollars to make their outdoor space spectacular, some will spend 200,000 dollars to decorate their beachfront properties. The irony is that it doesn't really matter whether you are lying down on a 3 dollar picnic blanket enjoying the sun or sitting on a B&B ITALIA outdoor couch designed by Antonio Citterio or a KETTAL seating group designed by Patricia Urquiola. The sun, the wind and the beautiful air do not discriminate, they bless us all equally with their splendidness.
Having said that, most take great pleasure from decorating and beautifying their outdoor living spaces. Read on to see the inspiration gallery and my favorite basics from retailers in Turkey and online retailers delivering internationally. Enjoy!
Here are my top tips for making your outdoor spaces simply splendid:
- Choose neutral colors for your furniture…Beige, Greige, Grey Oak, White, Grey and Black work best
- Don't be afraid to choose wood alternatives if you want low maintenance furniture otherwise choose grey oak or bamboo as orange-y teak wood is a "tired" look.
- Go ahead and mix and match materials and styles as long as the colors are complementary or similar.
- Use color in your accessories, don't forget to use pillows, throws, outdoor rugs, outdoor art and poufs for real warmth.
- Choose outdoor fabric where possible or be prepared to part with many sun faded soft furnishings at the end of the season.