The most simple and splendid fabric is…drumroll…ok stop, no drumbroll necessary…it is obviously linen. I am not referring to the thin, cheap, shiny, hard to iron kind of this glorious fabric but rather the thick, roughed up, pre-washed and durable kind that is especially wonderful as bed linen…
%100 pure linen is wonderful but I find this fabric to be so splendid that it blends nicely and beautifies whichever threads it merges with…even polyester. Linen-cotton blends are great for sheets if you find the pure stuff too itchy :-)
Take a look at my "linen image gallery" to get inspired and read on for tips on where to buy these gorgeous goods.
You can get more interesting "natural" bedding in places like Bodrum, Antalya or Çeşme but unfortunately the quality is often not great.
You can also find beautiful bed linens in general with a few pure linen choices at specialty home retailers in Turkey like Haremlique, SerenK, Vakko, Hamam, Simple Life or Ayşe'nin Dolabi (in Alaçatı)…but the prices are rather steep…
Here are my top 10 Pure Linen Destinations...
- The White Company in the UK…which apparently delivers to Turkey now (not cheap either but inspiring)
- ETSY retailers…many deliver to Turkey.
- West Elm…delivers to Turkey
- Zara Home…linen basic
- IKEA (limited but good basic models and fabrics for sale)
- Linens Stores (the only way to buy linen fabric from the mall to have sewn into whatever you like).
- Tchibo (occasionally has linen blend bedding).
- Limonta Society in Italy….if you want to break the bank
- Pottery Barn…delivers to Turkey
- AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS…go to the FABRIC STORES at IMC in UNKAPANI and have something simple and beautiful made...